Wednesday 7 September 2011

Twelve Hours on the Run

Good evening,

I woke up this morning and had my regular cold shower, and ate a protein bar for breakfast. Jacie and I met the outreach team outside the hotel at 8:30am. We drove two and a half bumpy hours to a village called Krobo-Odumase. An odd thing struck me about Krobo-Odumase; the strangely high amount of coffin shops in the village. We later learned it was due to the higher prevalence of AIDS in the area.

Today was the largest turn-out of people I had witnessed yet. The team assessed more than 150 people, who each waited patiently for their turn to see the optometrist. My task was to enter the patients' information into the computer. We were there for seven hours. I was growing quite hungry until we were served rice and chicken for supper.


Tomorrow's going to be another busy day, so I'm going to sign off.

Peace out,

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment