Wednesday 14 September 2011

Rainy Day

Hi everybody,

I left the hotel at 8:00am and returned at 4:00pm only to see 17 patients. We drove to the Central Region, and although there weren't many people there, they certainly were grateful. One man couldn't get me out of the van fast enough to thank us for our services. He was practically dancing when he explained that he had eye surgery last month, which restored his ability to walk and enjoy life again.

It's difficult for people in the villages far from the city to obtain medical care, so it's important Unite For Sight travels around to see them; even if there's only 17 people in attendance.

The rain made it significantly less dusty today, and my head cold is starting to go away.

Pictured below is my hotel in all its glory:


I think we're gonna cab it to the city again for supper tonight. I'm finally getting used to this place!

Stay classy,

AD

No comments:

Post a Comment