Thursday 4 August 2011

Welcome & Congratulations

Dear Friends,

With your support from the 50/50 fundraiser, we were able to raise enough money to provide twenty people in the Third World with eye surgeries! Thank you to everyone who bought tickets. I would like to congratulate Sarah Mutch, of Earnscliffe, for winning the draw. She was thrilled when she found out she won, and said the money would be put to good use; paying for tuition.

In four weeks, I depart for my volunteer placement in Ghana. I must say, I'm getting pretty excited! I was busy with preparations the past few months, but I've been reassured by people who've volunteered in Africa before that it's most certainly worth it.

I would like to share my experience with you via this blog. Starting in September, I hope to write posts and upload photos every other day; documenting my travels around Ghana with the medical team. If you're interested, I invite you to come along for the ride!

Thanks again for the support.

AD

No comments:

Post a Comment